Oh well, 2015 is almost over.
It was a year full of projects and life changing events. Here are a few in order to have them in a safe place to remember in the future.
In a brainstorming exercise we can see that marketing became more personal, big data kept booming, and science made a step forward in various fields. However how did I keep improving? or at least tried to.
First things first, personally speaking, some of the habits that I built-in this year and want to keep in 2016:
- Take good care of family and friends, connect and reconnect with them as much as possible
- Laziness has been removed from my dictionary
- Take real time off, and all the time off available
- Wake up before 7am and exercise 3 times a week for at least 1 hour
- Increased focus on one thing at a time for at least 25 minutes
- Check E-mail and Whatsapp every 90 minutes not less
Secondly, professionally speaking, it has been a great year in terms of learning and goals that have been met. A summary could dropdown like:
- Learn, learn and learn again, it is the only way to stay ahead of the curve, and you can learn from everyone that surrounds you.
- Inspire people — Is a great thing to accomplish but not a goal, do your best and people will get inspired.
- Social interactions make up the best ideas — New spin off company coming up in 2016
- Plan ahead — use of the calendar and reminders to automate all what you can (this is why technology exists), so you leave room in your brain for what it really matters.
And at the end, this efforts, work ethic and interactions with others is what make people and companies evolve, keep doing well and the results will ultimately appear:
- Read 1 book or magazine a month that gave me new knowledge or enhanced creativity
- Kept my blog up!
- Travelled to several countries and cultures
- Sports: Soccer, Hiking, running, skiing and others
- Got into wine tasting
- Increased visits and followers on Social Networks by 30%
Lead a stellar and committed marketing team to achieve the following:
- Increased social media engagement by 40%
- Increased website organic visits by 9%
- Increased conversion rate by 250%
- Managed over 20 exhibits or conferences
- Increased DDBB by 10%
- Improved Brand image perception
- Optimized CRM to have one of the best Salesforce implemented platforms in the south of Europe
- Created a new department in the company that tracks the satisfaction of customers and publics at any given touch point
- Got involved in HHRR to hire and select project focused people
- Got an executive position that has a high impact in the company
I could go on and on, but this was possible only because of the people that I am really proud to be surrounded with. An incredible human team that conforms VSN and the best family and friends that I could chose so:
Key Takeaway for 2015
Learn, play and enjoy those that surround you and invest efforts and time on them, the return on this investment will come in all sorts of form
And what’s next? New year resolutions are meant to be kept to yourself, however, I am sure my willing to keep learning, keep surrounded by inspiring people and keep engaged with what I do everyday will be concurrent in 2016.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 870 times in 2015. If it were a cable car, it would take about 15 trips to carry that many people.
Originally published at http://jordice.com on December 31, 2015.